Academic Courses & Programs

Liberal Arts Colleges

I got my very first Adjunct Professor job in the fall of 1995 while still a doctoral student in Sociology at the University of Wisconsin-Madison at a small Catholic liberal arts school called Edgewood College. I have since then regularly worked as a Visiting or Adjunct Professor at three other Catholic liberal arts colleges - Mount Saint Mary College (in Newburgh, New York), the College of Mount Saint Vincent (in the Bronx, New York) and Molloy College (on Long Island, New York) where I've taught both traditional and non-traditional (i.e., returning) students a wide variety of undergraduate sociology courses (listed below), including Practical/ity Matters, a course in all the sociologies, which emerge outside the academy, including, but not limited to nursing, missionary work and journalism. I also completed a significant amount of on-line course development training at the College of Mount Saint Mary and developed and taught several on-line and hybrid courses there. In addition to these schools, I also worked during the early aughts at a small, urban liberal arts school, the University of Denver, where I developed my Integrated Liberal Studies program featuring composer and musician David Amram, my Jack Kerouac Study At Home courses, as well as my London Study Abroad program. I also, at the University of Denver, worked as an academic advisor to graduate, undergraduate and first year students.

Courses