Academic Courses & Programs

State Community Colleges

I currently work for Santa Fe State College in Gainesville, Florida, which has recently been ranked as one of the top community colleges in the nation.  I have also worked as an Adjunct Professor on the Behavioral Science faculties of SUNY-Orange Community College in Middletown and Newburgh, NY, as well as Dutchess Community College in Poughkeepsie, NY from the fall of 2010 until the spring of 2016. There I formed very close bonds with my students whether they were 19 year olds, straight out of high school and brand new to higher education; forty year old adults returning to college after many years; first generation college students who, during office hours, I chatted with in Spanish or Hindi or French; young mothers taking night classes to fulfill an elective requirement for their nursing degrees; honors students on the fast track to four year universities; the children of moms and dads who have recommended my courses to them, (as well as moms and dads whose children have recommended my courses); or the small gang of old men, all Middletown locals, who, since my very first semester in the fall of 2010, followed me from the SUNY-Orange campus in Middletown to the campus in Newburgh and then back again, to audit and sometimes re-audit my courses. I worked on the Honors Program at SUNY-Orange in the Spring of 2012 and, for both schools developed and taught the following four courses.