Academic Courses & Programs

Academic Advising

I worked as a course advisor for undergraduates at the University of Wisconsin-Madison from 1996 until 2000 and then at the University of Denver from 2001 until 2005.  I also worked as a thesis advisor for both undergraduate and graduate students at the University of Denver during this time.  At Purchase College-SUNY I advised students completing Senior Projects in Sociology from 2014 until 2015 and also taught a Junior Seminar preparation course on how to research and write a Senior Project.  Finally, I currently advise undergraduate and graduate students setting off to do ethnographic and documentary field research (in South Asia, Mexico and Central America, as well as all across the United States and Canada, including on First Nations Indian Reserves/Reservations) and have been doing so since 1992, the year I completed my first ethnographic study in India.